The provincial capital of Ontario, Toronto is widely revered as the most culturally diverse urban centre in the world.
Situated on beautiful Lake Ontario, Toronto has something for everyone – museums and art galleries, incredible restaurants and nightlife, lush parks, watersports, fantastic live music and theatre, amazing sports venues and even a castle!
Toronto is Canada’s number one tourist destination and sees over 10 million visitors arrive annually. With so much to see and do here we’re not surprised! Toronto hosts dozens of festivals each year including the Toronto International Film Festival, Canadian Music Week, Buskerfest, Nuit Blanche, the Jazz Festival, Winterlicious and much, much more! There will be plenty to experience when you visit!
For nightlife, Toronto is unsurpassed in Canada. Whether you want to check out some live music at one of the many historic venues, spend your night clubbing, or just relax with friends and a few beers on one of Toronto’s many patios you’re sure to have a great time out! With so many neighbourhoods, bars and restaurants to choose from you’ll never have to go to the same place twice. (Although we’re sure you’ll want to!)
Torontonians are BIG sports fans! You’ll find yourself caught up with the throngs of people on game night either watching in bars or at one of the major sporting venues! Tickets can be bought fairly cheaply for most games so whether it’s basketball, baseball, Canadian football, or ice-hockey you’re into, if it’s the right season, then get yourself there! (Just don’t mention to locals that the Maple Leafs haven’t won the Stanley Cup since 1967, it’s a sensitive subject…).
HIGHLIGHTS FOR VISITING TORONTO
- Take a tour of the CN tower, the tallest free standing structure in the western hemisphere! Walk on the glass floor at lookout level or really brave it by taking the edge walk around the outside of the main pod!
- Rent a canoe or kayak and spend a few hours paddling out on Lake Ontario.
- BBQ or picnic on the Toronto Islands. This will be your best opportunity to get those snaps of Toronto’s amazing skyline.
- Visit the Steam Whistle Brewery for a tour and tasting. They only make one beer but heck do they do it well!
- Explore some of Toronto’s 140 neighbourhoods – From the restaurants of little Italy, the sights and sounds of Chinatown to the beautiful backdrop of the Distillery District and the laid back Beaches, there’s something different to see and do everywhere!
- Get involved with some of Toronto’s exciting Summer and Winter festivals!