Three provinces in five days? We can do that for you on our Acadian tour! We’ll take you Eastward bound and check out some of the locations that home the friendly Acadian people, descendants of those that settled in Canada from France in the 17th and 18th centuries!
From Ontario, we journey through Quebec and New Brunswick and you’ll finish your tour in the amazing city of Halifax, Nova Scotia – Or New Scotland if you happen to speak Latin! The Acadian tour is perfect for anyone wanting to travel from Toronto to the Maritimes without missing out on everywhere in between. Why fly when you can ride the Moose?
Board a lobster boat for a cruise and devour the freshest lobster you’ll ever meet, take a guided walk through the streets of Montreal and Halifax and relish their contrasting cultures, charm and atmospheres. Take in the breathtaking scenery at Riviere Du Loup and cruise through the beautiful Thousand Islands in the St. Lawrence River. No two days are the same!
- Take in the scenery with a boat cruise through the Thousand Islands in Ontario
- Take a cruise on a lobster boat and enjoy a fresh lobster lunch
- Spruce up your French vocabulary skills in Quebec
- Observe Canadian wildlife in their natural habitat
- Explore east coast villages and ports and meet the friendly locals
- 5 nights accommodation in shared dorm (Inclusive tour only)
- 1 dinner/4 breakfasts
- Thousand Islands boat cruise
- Lobster Boat cruise and lunch
- Walking tour of Halifax
- Walking tour of Montreal
- Driver and guide services
Meet your guide and fellow passengers in Toronto and travel along the St Lawrence seaway to Montreal, City of Festivals and the largest French speaking city outside of Europe. En-route we stop for a beautiful cruise of the Thousand Islands. Tonight we’ll explore the vibrant nightlife of this wonderful city. (Thousand Islands boat cruise included).
Enjoy some free time to explore the picturesque city of Montreal, including Mont Royal, the Old City, boutiques, Cathedrals and the cafes and bars. Bring your French dictionary to practice your language skills! (Breakfast included).
Our journey eastward continues as we cross to the southern shore of the St. Lawrence River to our overnight destination of Riviere du Loup or “Wolf River”. Our travels take us along spectacular vistas through small French speaking towns that were founded by Basques fishermen from France over 350 years ago. The St Lawrence River changes from fresh to salt water in this area so watch for seals and other marine animals. Group dinner at hostel tonight and free time this evening. (Breakfast and dinner included)
We cross from Quebec into New Brunswick—the only officially bilingual province in Canada so you can still practice your French language skills! This is the homeland of the Acadians—a warm and friendly people with a proud history and rich culture. Today we see the world's longest covered bridge as well as Magnetic Hill. (Breakfast included)
This morning we start our journey into another eastern province, Nova Scotia! We’ll board a lobster boat cruise and enjoy an incredibly fresh caught lobster lunch. We arrive in Halifax late afternoon and then join our guide for a city walk of this beautiful Maritime city and enjoy dinner and the unique nightlife! (Breakfast included)
|Thursday 28th June 2018||
|Thursday 26th July 2018||
|Thursday 23rd August 2018||
Plenty of activities are included on our Acadian tour with plenty of extras to choose from! Although we recommend trying everything, you are always free to join the group, explore by yourself or just take some time to relax and get away from it all!
https://samesun.com/backpackers-hostels/montreal-hostel/Moose pre-books your accommodation so you don't have to worry about anything other than having a great time!
We reserve a single bed per passenger in shared hostel dorm rooms. If you prefer to stay in a private room or an alternative location this must be booked independently - Please reserve a basic tour as accommodation costs cannot be transferred from an inclusive tour.
Accommodation costs are included in the price of our inclusive tour, if you have reserved a basic tour then payment is due directly to the hostels upon check-in.
|Day 3||Riviere Du Loup||HI - Riviere Du Loup|
|Day 4||Moncton||C'mon Inn|
|Day 5||Halifax||HI - Halifax|
*Please note that people departing from Montreal will join the group on the 3rd day of the itinerary.
|Pick Up Location||Pick Up Time|
|HI - Toronto||76 Church Street, Toronto (map)||7:30am|
|Planet Traveler||357 College Street, Toronto (map)||7:50am|
|Moose Office||192 Spadina Ave, #408, Toronto (map)||8:00am|
|Samesun||1586 Rue Saint Hubert, Montreal (map)||9:00am|
- Bring suitable clothing for the tour and comfortable shoes for hiking. The weather in Canada is predictable, but may be cooler at night. It's always wise to prepare just in case of rain. Find out what else to bring on our FAQ page or contact us directly with any questions!
- If possible bring a credit card with you whilst travelling.
- Don't forget your camera! We guarantee you'll want to take photos of wild animals, incredible scenery and new friends!
- Book your pre-departure accommodation in advance. Toronto hostels are incredibly busy through June - September so if you are travelling then, plan ahead! Moose tours pick up at the 3 major hostels in Toronto.
- Join us on Facebook and Instagram! Give a shout out to any of your fellow travellers and browse through pics of past tours and travel groups!
- If you have any other questions please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page or contact our office!