We’re heading to Halifax and we want you to join us! This 8 day tour is your most thrilling route from Toronto to the Maritimes, we promise you won’t “clam up” about this awesome experience!
We’ll be taking you for a grand adventure starting in Ontario, travelling through Quebec and New Brunswick and ending in Nova Scotia – or as we like to call it, Canada’s Ocean Playground! This tour flows so beautifully that it’s almost like Canada prepared it just for us! Thanks Canada!
Pay a visit to the iconic Peggy’s Cove Lighthouse and take a tour of Alexander Keith’s Brewery, Canada’s oldest! (With samples of course!) Get stuck in the mud digging for clams in Digby, take a cruise through the Thousand Islands, pop over to the colourful port of Lunenburg and take some breathtaking pictures of the stunning sunset at Riviere Du Loup. We just couldn’t fit any more fun into this tour if we tried!
- Keith’s brewery tour and tasting in Halifax
- Dig for clams and then bake them right on the beach for a wonderful feast
- Take in the scenery with a boat cruise through the Thousand Islands in Ontario
- Winery tour and tasting in Nova Scotia
- Spruce up your French vocabulary skills in Quebec
- Observe Canadian wildlife in their natural habitat
- Explore east coast villages and ports and meet the friendly locals
- 8 nights accommodation in shared dorm (Inclusive tour only)
- 3 dinners/6 breakfasts (including clam dig)
- Thousand Islands boat cruise
- Keith’s brewery tour and tasting
- Winery tour and tasting
- Walking tour of Montreal
- Driver and guide services
8 Day tour - Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick and Nova Scotia
Meet your guide and fellow passengers in Toronto and travel along the St Lawrence seaway to Montreal, City of Festivals and the largest French speaking city outside of Europe. En-route we stop for a beautiful cruise of the Thousand Islands. Tonight we’ll explore the vibrant nightlife of this wonderful city. (Thousand Islands boat cruise included).
Enjoy some free time to explore the picturesque city of Montreal, including Mont Royal, the Old City, boutiques, Cathedrals and the cafes and bars. Bring your French dictionary to practice your language skills! (Breakfast included).
Our journey eastward continues as we cross to the southern shore of the St. Lawrence River to our overnight destination of Riviere du Loup or “Wolf River”. Our travels take us along spectacular vistas through small French speaking towns that were founded by Basques fishermen from France over 350 years ago. The St. Lawrence River changes from fresh to salt water in this area so keep an eye out for seals and other marine animals! We’ll have a group dinner at our hostel tonight and some free time in the evening. (Breakfast and dinner included).
We cross from Quebec into New Brunswick—the only officially bilingual province in Canada so you can still practice your French language skills! This is the homeland of the Acadians—a warm and friendly people with a proud history and rich culture. Today we see the world's longest covered bridge. (Breakfast included)
This morning we start towards the world famous Bay of Fundy, travelling through the Annapolis Valley . We spend tonight in the special town of Digby a beautiful east coast town you will never forget. Group dinner tonight at the hostel featuring the famous Digby Scallops! (Breakfast and dinner included)
We spend the day exploring this spectacular region, including a clam dig on the beach (voted best activity!) and visiting the stunning Digby neck. Tonight we’ll relax into another peaceful evening in this east coast fishing town. (Breakfast and clam dig and meal included).
Today our tour takes us towards Halifax, the capital of Nova Scotia. Along the way we visit Peggy's Cove-one of the most beautiful and scenic villages in the east as well as Lunenburg, which is home to the world famous Bluenose II sailing ship! We’ll spend the night in the vibrant city of Halifax! (Breakfast included).
Enjoy lots of free time to explore Halifax on foot today, there is plenty to see and do in this maritime city! Later in the afternoon we’ll go for a tour of the famous Alexander Keith’s Brewery - the oldest brewery in Canada. Then we can head out for a group dinner at a local pub! (Keith’s Brewery included).
|Wednesday 23rd May 2018||
|Wednesday 04th July 2018||
|Wednesday 01st August 2018||
|Wednesday 05th September 2018||
Plenty of activities are included on our Clammer tour with plenty of extras to choose from! Although we recommend trying everything here, you are always free to join the group, explore by yourself or just take some time to relax and get away from it all!
You are also likely to come across other exciting opportunities that aren't listed here whilst on your tour!
|Fortress of Louisbourg tour||$18||Nova Scotia|
|Wildlife Spotting||Free||Various locations
Moose pre-books your accommodation so you don't have to worry about anything other than having a great time!
We reserve a single bed per passenger in shared hostel dorm rooms. If you prefer to stay in a private room or an alternative location this must be booked independently - Please reserve a basic tour as accommodation costs cannot be transferred from an inclusive tour.
Accommodation costs are included in the price of our inclusive tour. If you have reserved a basic tour then payment is due directly to the hostels upon check-in.
|Day 1||Montreal||HI - Montreal|
|Day 2||Montreal||HI - Montreal|
|Day 3||Riviere Du Loup||HI - Riviere Du Loup|
|Day 5||Digby||Digby Backpackers|
|Day 6||Digby||Digby Backpackers|
|Day 7||Halifax||HI- Halifax|
|Day 8||Halifax||HI - Halifax|
*Please note that people departing from Montreal will join the group on the 3rd day of the itinerary.
|Pick Up Location||Pick Up Time|
|HI - Toronto||76 Church Street, Toronto (map)||7:30am|
|Planet Traveler||357 College Street, Toronto (map)||7:50am|
|Moose Office||192 Spadina Ave, #408, Toronto (map)||8:00am|
|HI - Montreal||1030 Rue Mackay, Montreal (map)||9:00am|
- Bring suitable clothing for the tour and comfortable shoes for hiking. The weather in Canada is predictable, but may be cooler at night. It's always wise to prepare just in case of rain. Find out what else to bring on our FAQ page or contact us directly with any questions!
- If possible bring a credit card with you whilst travelling.
- Don't forget your camera! We guarantee you'll want to take photos of wild animals, incredible scenery and new friends!
- Book your pre-departure accommodation in advance. Toronto hostels are incredibly busy through June - September so if you are travelling then, plan ahead! Moose tours pick up at the 3 major hostels in Toronto.
- Join us on Facebook and Instagram! Give a shout out to any of your fellow travellers and browse through pics of past tours and travel groups!
- If you have any other questions please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page or contact our office!