Prepare to be dazzled, we’re heading off to the Bruce Peninsula! A feast for the senses, “The Bruce” is definitely one of the most stunning locations in all of Ontario. (And we’ve plenty to choose from).
Our 3 day Grotto camping adventure offers experiences that just aren’t available on any of our other tours. Check out shipwrecks on a glass bottom cruise, swim through the underwater tunnel to the “grotto” and explore the caves, canoe and kayak on turquoise waters, hike the famous Bruce Trail and connect with the abundant wildlife in a National Park.
Speed things up with a jet boat ride, bbq, and get those toes aired out on a sandy beach, you’ll find it hard to believe this is all just a few short hours from Toronto.
- Visit the famous grotto in Tobermory and swim the underwater tunnel
- Explore Greig’s caves and hike to the lookout
- Canoe, kayak or paddleboard on a refreshing lake
- Hike the famous Bruce Trail and watch out for wildlife
- Visit two shipwrecks on a glass bottom cruise
- Spend time on Flowerpot Island and take a jet boat back to the mainland
- Relax on beautiful Sauble Beach
- 2 overnights
- Must have own tent and equipment.
- 2 dinners/2 breakfasts
- Glass bottom shipwreck cruise
- Jet boat ride
- Entrance to Bruce Peninsula National Park and Flowerpot Island
- Canoe and kayak rentals
- Entrance to Greig’s Caves
After a friendly welcome from your Moose guide and a chance to meet your fellow travellers, our bus heads north to The Bruce Peninsula! We’ll stop along the way to explore Greig’s Caves, hike to a lookout point and have a picnic lunch! We arrive at our campground in the afternoon and then spend some time on the water, before having a BBQ dinner!
There’s an exciting day planned as we head right to the Northern Tip of the Peninsula! We’ll take a glass-bottom boat cruise to check out some amazing shipwrecks, disembark to explore Flowerpot Island and then take a jet boat back to the mainland! After lunch we’ll head to the grotto with its turquoise waters, where you can swim an underwater tunnel to the caves (or you can enter via dry land!). We’ll finish the afternoon with a stop at the visitors centre before hiking some of the famous Bruce Trail. Look out for Wildlife! Another group dinner tonight, cooked by your guide!
The last day of our adventure – We’re heading back to Toronto this morning but we’ll make a stop at beautiful Sauble beach on Lake Huron for lunch and some relaxing/swimming. At over 7 miles long Sauble Beach is the second longest freshwater beach in the world! We’ll arrive back in Toronto around 5pm and drop you off at your downtown hostel!
All activities are included on our Grotto tour and although we recommend trying everything, you are free to join the group, explore by yourself or just take some time to relax and get away from it all!
|Jet boat ride||Included||Tobermory|
Moose pre books your campsite and all costs are included in the price of the tour so you don't have to worry about anything other than having a great time!
Please ensure that you bring any camping equipment - tents/sleeping bags etc.with you!
|Day 1||Toronto - Bruce Peninsula||Roxy's campground|
|Day 2||Bruce Peninsula||Roxy's Campground|
|Day 3||Bruce Pensinsula - Toronto||* Not reserved
|Pick Up Location||Pick Up Time|
|HI - Toronto||76 Church Street (map)||8:30am|
|Planet Traveler Hostel||357 College Street West (map)||8:50am|
|Moose Office||192 Spadina Avenue, #408 (map)||9:00am
- Bring suitable clothing for the tour and comfortable shoes for hiking. The weather in Canada is predictable but may be cooler at night. It's always wise to prepare, just in case of rain. Find out what else to bring on our FAQ page or contact us directly with any questions!
- Bring any camping equipment - tents, sleeping bags etc.
- If possible bring a credit card with you whilst travelling.
- Don't forget your camera! We guarantee you'll want to take photos of wild animals, incredible scenery and new friends!
- Book your pre-departure accommodation in advance. Toronto hostels are incredibly busy through June - September so if you are travelling then, plan ahead! Moose tours pick up at the 3 major hostels in Toronto.
- Join us on Facebook and Instagram! Give a shout out to any of your fellow travellers and browse through pics of past tours and travel groups!
- If you have any other questions please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page or contact our office!