Breathe in the fresh Atlantic air, listen to the waves crash on the rugged coastline and feel the sand between your toes – you must be in the Maritimes!
Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and the smallest province of all, Prince Edward Island! You’ll be sure to see plenty of seabirds such as herons, gannets and kingfishers and the (less adorable but very majestic) bald eagle. If that isn’t enough seabirds/life for you then take a whale watching cruise to see humpbacks, minke and more, plus adorable seals!
New Brunswick is famous for their lobster, so of course we’ll be boarding a lobster boat to enjoy the freshest lobster lunch available. We’ll hike trails on Cape Breton Island, check out the incredible tidal changes and rock formations at the Bay of Fundy, keep our eyes peeled for moose and other wildlife, relax on sandy beaches, and even visit the Anne of Green Gables homestead!
- Walk the ocean floor in the Bay of Fundy and check out the amazing Hopewell Rocks in New Brunswick
- Take a whale watching boat tour in Nova Scotia
- Observe Canadian wildlife in their natural habitat
- Take a cruise on a lobster boat and enjoy a fresh lobster lunch
- Explore east coast villages and ports and meet the friendly locals
- Swim in the Atlantic Ocean
- Check out the Anne of Green Gables homestead in P.E.I. (If you haven’t read the book, start now!)
- Hike the trails and take one of the most beautiful coastal drives in the world on Cape Breton Island
- 7 nights accommodation in shared dorm (Inclusive tour only)
- 2 dinners/3 breakfasts
- Lobster boat cruise and lunch
- Whale watching boat cruise
- All ferry crossing fees
- Beachcombing on the Bay of Fundy and Hopewell Rocks tour
- Anne of Green Gables tour on P.E.I.
- Driver and guide services
BASIC TOUR – Moose will pre-book your accommodation throughout the tour but you are responsible for payment directly to hostels upon check-in. A local fee is due upon departure. INCLUSIVE TOUR – Our inclusive tour has all accommodation costs and local fees incorporated into the price of the tour. If you book an inclusive tour there are no extra fees unless you decide to join in any optional activities that have a cost associated with them.
7 Day tour - Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island
After a friendly welcome from our Moose guide and introduction to the rest of our group we’ll head towards the incredible region known as the Cape Breton Highlands, which are home to Canada's Scottish heritage. We will have several breathtaking photo stops en-route and we’ll hike the famous Skyline Trail where we’ll keep our eyes peeled for moose! Tonight we stay in a lovely hostel located on the Cape Breton Road. (Dinner included).
You’ll have the opportunity to do an amazing whale watching tour this morning where you will see Minke and Humpback whales and sometimes dolphins and seals! After the cruise, we will visit some beautiful areas of the park including MacIntosh Brook and Black Brook beach. Tonight we’ll wind down by a warming campfire on the beach under the stars!
Today we continue to explore the Cape Breton region. We visit Ingonish Beach and the Middle Head hike where we explore the spectacular views of the coastal cliffs! Tonight we relax beside the lake and roast some marshmallows over the campfire! (Dinner included).
Today we will visit Louisbourg and you can choose to take a tour of the National Historic Site of Fortress of Louisbourg. This fort was founded in 1713 by the French and developed over several decades into a thriving centre for fishing and trade. Its two sieges, especially that of 1758, were turning points in the Anglo-French struggle for what Canada is today. Tonight we stay again at the wonderful Bear on the Lake hostel.
This morning we travel to Prince Edward Island, Canada's smallest and greenest province. We take a beautiful drive and a ferry ride to the island. When we arrive we’ll explore Charlottetown, home to Canada's confederation signing!
Today we continue to explore P.E.I., visiting Cavendish Beach as well as the beautiful Anne of Green Gables homestead. (Breakfast included).
We start back into New Brunswick today across the 13km long Confederation Bridge and take a Lobster Boat cruise with a fresh lobster lunch. We’ll also take a tour of Hopewell Rocks, an amazing area in the Bay of Fundy. This is where you can see and learn about the incredible tidal changes, which are some of the highest in the world! Tonight we will stay in Moncton. Join your guide for a city walk and a night out on the town. (Breakfast included).
|Thursday 01st June 2017||
|Thursday 13th July 2017||
|Thursday 10th August 2017||
|Thursday 14th September 2017||
There are so many activities included on our Puffin tour that there isn't too much time for many extras. Although we recommend trying everything, you are always free to join the group, explore by yourself or just take some time to relax and get away from it all!
You are also likely to come across other exciting opportunities that aren't listed here whilst on your tour!
|Whale watching cruise||$50||Cape Breton|
|Fortress of Louisbourg tour||$18||Nova Scotia|
|Wildlife Spotting||Free||Various locations|
Moose pre-books your accommodation so you don't have to worry about anything other than having a great time!
We reserve a single bed per passenger in shared hostel dorm rooms. If you prefer to stay in a private room or an alternative location this must be booked independently - Please reserve a basic tour as accommodation costs cannot be transferred from an inclusive tour.
Accommodation costs are included in the price of our inclusive tour, if you have reserved a basic tour then payment is due directly to the hostels upon check-in.
|Day 1||Pleasant Bay||Cabot Trail Hostel|
|Day 2||Pleasant bay||Cabot Trail Hostel|
|Day 3||Bear on the Lake||Bear on the Lake Hostel|
|Day 4||Bear on the Lake||Bear on the Lake Hostel|
|Day 5||P.E.I.||Brackley Beach Hostel|
|Day 6||P.E.I.||Brackley Beach Hostel|
|Day 7||Moncton||C'mon Inn Moncton|
|Pick Up Location||Pick Up Time|
|HI - Halifax||1253 Barrington Street, Halifax (map)||8:00am|
- Bring suitable clothing for the tour and comfortable shoes for hiking. The weather in Canada is predictable but may be cooler at night. It's always wise to prepare, just in case of rain. Find out what else to bring on our FAQ page or contact us directly with any questions!
- If possible bring a credit card with you whilst travelling.
- Don't forget your camera! We guarantee you'll want to take photos of wild animals, incredible scenery and new friends!
- Book your pre-departure accommodation in advance. Toronto hostels are incredibly busy through June - September so if you are travelling then, plan ahead! Moose tours pick up at the 3 major hostels in Toronto.
- Join us on Facebook and Instagram! Give a shout out to any of your fellow travellers and browse through pics of past tours and travel groups!
- If you have any other questions please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page or contact our office!