You’re in Montreal, stuffed to the brim with poutine and thinking, “I should really do something in Quebec other than eat all of this fantastic food!”. Well, Canada has absolutely incredible whale watching opportunities and we’re confident that the tiny village of Tadoussac, with its spectacular fjords, is one of the most beautiful whale watching sites in the world!
Our 3 day tour will take you from Montreal to the gorgeous, cobblestoned streets of historic Quebec City. Take in the culture, live music, street art and, of course – the local cuisine. We’ll visit Montmorency Falls and the highlight of our tour – a day trip to Tadoussac for an incredible whale watching cruise! Make sure to bring a camera.
- Experience historic Quebec City
- Visit Montmorency Falls – 1.5 times higher than Niagara Falls!
- Take a whale watching cruise in Tadoussac
- Check out awe inspiring fjords in Taddousac
- 2 nights accommodation in shared dorm
- 1 dinner/2 breakfasts
- Whale watching excursion in Tadoussac
- Return transportation from Montreal
- Driver and guide services
This is an inclusive tour – All accommodation is pre booked by Moose and there are no further fees due.
3 Day tour - Quebec
This morning we visit Montmorency Falls - a spectacular waterfall that is actually higher than Niagara Falls! From here we continue to Quebec City, the largest walled city in North America. You have free time to stroll along the cobblestone streets and enjoy outdoor cafes, street musicians, local art and best of all the fine food! Enjoy a group dinner tonight at the hostel. (Dinner included).
Today we travel along a spectacular highway that borders the St Lawrence Seaway. We arrive at the small French Village of Tadoussac, where you’ll experience some of the best whale watching in North America! Then back to Quebec City for a free evening. (Breakfast included).
After breakfast we’re heading back to your hostel in Montreal. The rest of the day is at your disposal! (Breakfast included).
|Friday 16th June 2017||
|Friday 30th June 2017||
|Friday 14th July 2017||
|Friday 28th July 2017||
|Friday 11th August 2017||
|Friday 25th August 2017||
|Friday 08th September 2017||
|Friday 15th September 2017||
|Friday 29th September 2017||
|Saturday 07th October 2017||
All activities are included on our Whaler tour and although we recommend trying everything, you are free to join the group, explore by yourself or just take some time to relax and get away from it all!
|Guided walking tour - Quebec City||Included||Quebec City|
|Climb to the top of Montmorency Falls||Included||Montmorency, Quebec|
|Whale watching cruise||Included||Tadoussac, Quebec|
Moose pre-books your accommodation and all costs are included in the price of the tour so you don't have to worry about anything other than having a great time!
Moose reserves a single bed per passenger in shared hostel dorm rooms. If you prefer to stay in a private room or an alternative location this must be booked independently.
|Day 1||Quebec City||HI - Quebec City|
|Day 2||Quebec City||HI - Quebec City|
|Day 3||Montreal||*Bed not reserved|
|Pick Up Location||Pick Up Time|
|HI - Montreal||1030 Rue Mackay, Montréal (map)||8:30am|
- Bring suitable clothing for the tour and comfortable shoes for walking. The weather in Canada is predictable but may be cooler at night. It's always wise to prepare, just in case of rain. Find out what else to bring on our FAQ page or contact us directly with any questions!
- If possible bring a credit card with you whilst travelling.
- Don't forget your camera! We guarantee you'll want to take photos of whales, incredible scenery and new friends!
- Book your pre-departure accommodation in advance. Montreal hostels are incredibly busy in their high season, June - September so if you are travelling then, plan ahead! Moose tours pick up hostelling International - Montreal.
- Join us on Facebook and Instagram! Give a shout out to any of your fellow travellers and browse through pics of past tours and travel groups!
- If you have any other questions please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page or contact our office!