Ontario is Canada’s most populated province with 40% of all Canadians residing here. If you’re looking to meet people on your travels, there isn’t a better place to start!
Home to spectacular lakes, sensational provincial parks, incredible waterfalls and wilderness, huge cities, quiet villages, award winning vineyards and breweries and anything else you can imagine, Ontario has it all. Best of all perhaps, it’s where the Moose Travel East employees plan your awesome tours!!
No visit to Ontario is complete without a trip to Algonquin Park! This stunning location is Ontario’s oldest provincial park and at one and a half times the size of the province of Prince Edward Island, it’s one of Canada’s largest! Hike the many trails, canoe on a beautiful lake or along a river, fish, visit waterfalls and see and hear moose, bears and even wolves in their natural environment!
In 1857 Queen Victoria of Britain chose Ottawa to be Canada’s capital city and so it has been ever since! With half of the population being under 35, this lends itself to Ottawa’s fun loving spirit! There are over 35 major festivals each year, (that’s nearly 3 a month!) and in winter the Rideau Canal becomes the longest ice skating rink in the world with many of Ottawa’s residents using it to skate to work each day!
Need some belly laughs? Ontario has a rich comedy scene, spawning a great many comedic legends throughout the years! Just to mention a few of them – Jim Carrey, Mike Myers, Dan Akroyd, John Candy, Russel Peters, Howie Mandel and Tom Green all started their careers from their home of Ontario! Also musicians such as Bryan Adams, Drake, Avril Lavigne, Shania Twain and Alanis Morissette hail from this great province. (Whether we’ll add Justin Bieber to this list is still under debate.)
HIGHLIGHTS FOR VISITING ONTARIO
- Explore Ottawa, the capital of Canada – Visit Parliament Hill, the famous Byward Market and stay in a real ex jail.
- Take a cruise through the Thousand Islands
- Hike, swim, canoe, fish and spot wildlife in Algonquin Park
- Check out Toronto, the province’s capital city! For more information on Toronto click here!
- Take a trip to Niagara Falls! Jump on a boat cruise into Niagara Gorge, fly high in a helicopter above, walk the journey behind the Falls or all three!