Three provinces in five days? We can do that for you on our Acadian tour! We’ll take you Eastward bound and explore some of the locations that are home to Acadians, a cultural group with a very distinct history, and descendants of those that settled in Canada from France in the 17th and 18thcenturies!
From Ontario, we journey through Québec and New Brunswick and you’ll finish your tour in the amazing city of Halifax, Nova Scotia – Or New Scotland if you happen to speak Latin! The Acadian tour is perfect for anyone wanting to travel from Toronto to the Maritimes without missing out on everywhere in between. Why fly when you can ride the Moose?
Board a lobster boat for a cruise and devour the freshest lobster you’ll ever meet, take a guided walk through the streets of Montréal and Halifax and relish their contrasting cultures, charm, and atmospheres. Take in the breathtaking scenery at Rivière-du-Loup and cruise through the beautiful Thousand Islands in the Saint Lawrence River. No two days are the same!
- Take in the scenery with a boat cruise through the Thousand Islands in Ontario
- Take a cruise on a lobster boat and enjoy a fresh lobster lunch
- Spruce up your French vocabulary skills in Québec
- Observe Canadian wildlife in their natural habitat
- Explore east coast villages and ports and meet the friendly locals
- 5 nights accommodation in shared dorm (Inclusive tour only)
- 1 dinner/4 breakfasts
- Thousand Islands boat cruise
- Lobster Boat cruise and lunch
- Walking tour of Halifax
- Walking tour of Montréal
- Driver and guide services
Our adventure begins early with a friendly welcome from your Moose guide before we journey toward Montréal. Our first stop is at the Big Apple; be sure to try their famous apple pie! Next is a lunch stop before a cruise through the Thousand Islands, located in the Saint Lawrence River along the Canada-USA border. Enjoy Ontario’s unique landscape, where over 1800 islands form this incredible archipelago. Tonight we explore the vibrant nightlife of Montréal, just steps away from the hostel. (Thousand Islands boat cruise included).
This morning we explore Montréal, City of Festivals, and an important cultural mecca in French-speaking Canada. Afterward, enjoy free time to explore on your own. We recommend the hike to the top of Mont Royal for spectacular views of the Island of Montréal, as well as some authentically Montréal cuisine (try Schwartz’s Deli for Montréal smoked meat!). Don’t forget your translator to assist with your language skills. (Breakfast included).
Our journey eastward continues to our overnight destination, Rivière-du-Loup (French for ‘wolf river’). Our travels take us along spectacular vistas through small Francophone settlements that were founded by Basques fishermen from France over 350 years ago. The Saint Lawrence River changes from fresh to salt water in this area so watch for marine animals. Enjoy a group dinner at hostel tonight. Be sure to take a short walk to Parc des Chute this evening to see its impressive waterfall. (Breakfast and dinner included).s
Today we journey to the Maritimes; first stop, New Brunswick—the only officially bilingual province in Canada so you can still practice your French language skills! New Brunswick has a rich French-speaking culture retained by the Acadians—a cultural group with a very distinct history. Today we see the world’s longest covered bridge before checking into our hostel in Moncton. (Breakfast included).
This morning we start our journey into another Maritime Province, Nova Scotia! First, we will board a lobster boat cruise and enjoy a fresh caught lobster lunch. We arrive in Halifax, Nova Scotia in the late afternoon and then join your guide for a city walk. Be sure to see the view of Halifax from Citadel Hill, a National Historic Site of Canada built in the 18th Century as the city’s defence. (Breakfast included).
Plenty of activities are included on our Acadian tour with plenty of extras to choose from! Although we recommend trying everything, you are always free to join the group, explore by yourself or just take some time to relax and get away from it all!
https://samesun.com/backpackers-hostels/montreal-hostel/Moose pre-books your accommodation so you don’t have to worry about anything other than having a great time!
We reserve a single bed per passenger in shared hostel dorm rooms. If you prefer to stay in a private room or an alternative location this must be booked independently – Please reserve a basic tour as accommodation costs cannot be transferred from an inclusive tour.
Accommodation costs are included in the price of our inclusive tour, if you have reserved a basic tour then payment is due directly to the hostels upon check-in.
|Day 3||Rivière-du-Loup||HI – Rivière-du-Loup|
|Day 4||Moncton||C’mon Inn|
|Day 5||Halifax||HI – Halifax|
*Please note that people departing from Montréal will join the group on the 3rd day of the itinerary.
|Pick Up Location||Pick Up Time|
|HI – Toronto||76 Church Street, Toronto (map)||7:30am|
|Planet Traveler||357 College Street, Toronto (map)||7:50am|
|Moose Office||192 Spadina Ave, #213, Toronto (map)||8:00am|
|Samesun||1586 Rue Saint Hubert, Montréal (map)||9:00am|
- Bring suitable clothing for the tour and comfortable shoes for hiking. The weather in Canada is predictable, but may be cooler at night. It’s always wise to prepare just in case of rain. Find out what else to bring on our FAQ page or contact us directly with any questions!
- If possible bring a credit card with you whilst travelling.
- Don’t forget your camera! We guarantee you’ll want to take photos of wild animals, incredible scenery and new friends!
- Book your pre-departure accommodation in advance. Toronto hostels are incredibly busy through June – September so if you are travelling then, plan ahead! Moose tours pick up at the 3 major hostels in Toronto.
- Join us on Facebook and Instagram! Give a shout out to any of your fellow travellers and browse through pics of past tours and travel groups!
- If you have any other questions please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page or contact our office!