Short on time but need some adventure in your life? Our Beaver tour couldn’t be more perfect for you and your friends. Spending your days and nights in Algonquin Park is the ideal way to relax, explore nature and get your adrenaline really flowing!
This is the real Canadian experience – hike beautiful trails, swim, canoe, watch out for the abundant wildlife, eat fantastic BBQs and share stories around a camp fire under the stars.
If you’re interested in travelling with Moose for a longer period but are convinced (and rightly so) that Algonquin Park is absolutely not to be missed, take a look at our Mohawk Tour!
- Canoe or kayak on a beautiful lake
- Climb the Dorset Fire Tower for the best view of the surrounding wilderness
- Visit cascading Ragged Falls on the Oxtongue River
- Swim, splash, dive and float in a refreshing wilderness lake
- Watch out for the abundant Canadian wildlife
- Hike on the Lookout Trail for the ultimate scenic reward
- Learn about the rich history of Algonquin Park in the visitors centre
- Relax around a camp fire and listen for the howling wolves at night
- 2 nights accommodation in shared cabin
- 2 dinners/1 lunch/2 breakfasts
- All provincial park entry fees
- Dorset Tower entrance fee
- Canoe and kayak rentals
- Driver and guide services
This is an inclusive tour – All accommodation is pre booked by Moose and there are no further fees due.
3 Day tour - Algonquin Park
We depart Toronto bright and early and after a friendly welcome from your Moose guide and a chance to meet your fellow travelers, our bus heads north to Algonquin Park. We stop for a picnic lunch and take in the breathtaking view from the Dorset lookout tower, then we’ll spend the afternoon canoeing along a cool river! Tonight we’ll enjoy a delicious dinner and campfire under the stars!
Waking up to the sounds of nature is the perfect way to start our day, then we’ll head out to Algonquin Park where we’ll check out the visitors centre and then spend the day hiking through trails in the forest to incredible look outs. We’ll have our lunch by a beautiful lake and tonight's meal is an awesome barbeque - Listen out for the wolves howling after dark, it’s a sound you’ll never forget!
Today we’ll enjoy a hearty breakfast and then it’s time to journey back to Toronto. We stop at Silent Lake Provincial Park for a picnic lunch, swim and take a short hike that winds through mature beech trees and passes a beaver pond to a breathtaking lookout. We will arrive back in Toronto at approximately 6pm and drop you off at your downtown hostel.
|Friday 03rd August 2018||
|Friday 31st August 2018||
|Friday 14th September 2018||
|Friday 28th September 2018||
|Friday 05th October 2018||
All activities are included on our Beaver tour and although we recommend trying everything, you are free to join the group, explore by yourself or just take some time to relax and get away from it all!
|Dorset Lookout Tower||Included||Dorset, Ontario|
Moose pre books your accommodation and all costs are included in the price of the tour so you don't have to worry about anything other than having a great time!
Stay in stunning shared log cabins overlooking a lake, each with its own private living space.
|Day 1||Toronto - Algonquin Park||All Star Resort|
|Day 2||Algonquin Park||All Star Resort|
|Day 3||Algonquin Park - Toronto||*Bed not reserved|
|Pick Up Location||Pick Up Time|
|HI - Toronto||76 Church Street (map)||8:00am|
|Planet Traveler Hostel||357 College Street West (map)||8:20am|
|Moose Office||192 Spadina Ave, #213 (map)||8:30am|
- Bring suitable clothing for the tour and comfortable shoes for hiking. The weather in Canada is predictable but may be cooler at night. It's always wise to prepare, just in case of rain. Find out what else to bring on our FAQ page or contact us directly with any questions!
- If possible bring a credit card with you whilst travelling.
- Don't forget your camera! We guarantee you'll want to take photos of wild animals, incredible scenery and new friends!
- Book your pre-departure accommodation in advance. Toronto hostels are incredibly busy through June - September so if you are travelling then, plan ahead! Moose tours pick up at the 3 major hostels in Toronto.
- Join us on Facebook and Instagram! Give a shout out to any of your fellow travellers and browse through pics of past tours and travel groups!
- If you have any other questions please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page or contact our office!