”Just came back from the Beaver tour and had a great time! Meeting other backpackers, being outdoors either on a hike, in a canoe or around the fire… And the nature around you is just amazing! We had Beth as a tour guide and we had great fun with her!
Short on time but need some adventure in your life? Our Beaver tour is a perfect retreat to discover the ample nature in Central Ontario. Spending your days in the Canadian wilderness is the ideal way to relax, explore nature, and get your adrenaline really flowing!
This is the real Canadian experience – hike to various lookouts, explore a unique diversity of plant and animal species, be amazed by expansive coniferous and deciduous forests, and enjoy a campfire under the stars!
If you’re interested in travelling with Moose Travel for a longer period but are convinced that Algonquin Provincial Park is not to be missed, take a look at our Mohawk Tour!
- Canoe along the Madawaska River
- Climb the Dorset Fire Tower for the best view of the surrounding wilderness
- Visit cascading falls
- Swim and splash in a refreshing wilderness lake
- Watch out for the abundant Canadian wildlife
- Hike on the Lookout Trail for the ultimate scenic reward
- Relax around a camp fire under the stars
- 2 nights accommodation in shared cabin
- 2 dinners/1 lunch/2 breakfasts
- All Provincial Park entry fees
- Dorset Tower entrance fee
- Canoe rentals
- Driver and guide services
This is an inclusive tour – All accommodation is pre booked by Moose and there are no further fees due.
|Friday 21st June 2019||$499||Book Tour|
|Friday 05th July 2019||$499||Book Tour|
|Friday 04th October 2019||$499||Book Tour|
We depart Toronto after a welcome from your Moose guide. En route north to Algonquin Provincial Park, a picnic lunch stop at the Dorset lookout tower is a must. The tower provides unparalleled views of the Canadian Shield, a geological shield that defines much of Canada. We arrive at the accommodations where we will journey out on a canoe excursion along the Madawaska River. Tonight we’ll enjoy a delicious dinner and campfire under the stars! (Dinner included).
Waking up to the sounds of nature is the perfect way to start the day. Today’s agenda includes exploring Algonquin Provincial Park, a National Historic Site of Canada. The park is the oldest provincial park in Canada, and is noted for it various lookouts, unique diversity of plant and animal species, large granite rock outcroppings, and expansive coniferous and deciduous forests. Enjoy leisure time tonight, where a campfire, group dinner, and star-studded sky is sure to fill your night. (Breakfast, lunch, and dinner included).
After the tour’s last group breakfast, it is time to journey back to Toronto. A stop at Silent Lake Provincial Park for a picnic lunch and swim is a fitting end to a Central Ontario trip. We arrive back to Toronto in the early evening. (Breakfast included).
All activities are included on our Beaver tour and although we recommend trying everything, you are free to join the group, explore by yourself or just take some time to relax and get away from it all!
|Dorset Lookout Tower||Included||Dorset, Ontario|
Moose pre books your accommodation and all costs are included in the price of the tour so you don’t have to worry about anything other than having a great time!
Stay in stunning shared log cabins overlooking a lake, each with its own private living space.
|Day 1||Toronto – Algonquin Park||All Star Resort|
|Day 2||Algonquin Park||All Star Resort|
|Day 3||Algonquin Park – Toronto||*Bed not reserved|
- Bring suitable clothing for the tour and comfortable shoes for hiking. The weather in Canada is predictable but may be cooler at night. It’s always wise to prepare, just in case of rain. Find out what else to bring on our FAQ page or contact us directly with any questions!
- If possible bring a credit card with you whilst travelling.
- Don’t forget your camera! We guarantee you’ll want to take photos of wild animals, incredible scenery and new friends!
- Book your pre-departure accommodation in advance. Toronto hostels are incredibly busy through June – September so if you are travelling then, plan ahead! Moose tours pick up at the 3 major hostels in Toronto.
- Join us on Facebook and Instagram! Give a shout out to any of your fellow travellers and browse through pics of past tours and travel groups!
- If you have any other questions please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page or contact our office!