Enjoy some free time to explore Halifax today, there is a lot to do in this Maritime city! Be sure to see the view of Halifax from Citadel Hill, a National Historic Site of Canada built in the 18th Century as the city’s defence. Point Pleasant Park is also recommended for those seeking ocean views. Later in the afternoon, we will go for a tour of the famous Alexander Keith’s Brewery, followed by a group dinner at a local pub! (Alexander Keith’s Brewery included).
We’re heading to Halifax and we want you to join us! This 8-day tour is your most thrilling route from Toronto to the Maritimes; we promise you won’t “clam up” about this awesome experience!
The adventure starts in Ontario, travelling through Québec, New Brunswick, and finally ending in Nova Scotia – Canada’s Ocean Playground! Iconic Canadian landscape coupled with fantastic cities are sure to make even the most seasoned travellers happy!
Pay a visit to the iconic Peggy’s Cove Lighthouse and take a tour of Alexander Keith’s Brewery, one of Canada’s oldest (with samples of course!). Dig for clams in Digby, take a cruise through the incredible Thousand Islands, explore the colourful port of Lunenburg, and experience the quaint French-speaking town of Rivière-du-Loup. We just couldn’t fit any more fun into this tour if we tried!
- Keith’s brewery tour and tasting in Halifax
- Dig for clams and then bake them right on the beach for a wonderful feast
- Take in the scenery with a boat cruise through the Thousand Islands in Ontario
- Winery tour and tasting in Nova Scotia
- Spruce up your French vocabulary skills in Québec
- Observe Canadian wildlife in their natural habitat
- Explore east coast villages and ports and meet the friendly locals
- 8 nights accommodation in shared dorm (Inclusive tour only)
- 3 dinners/3 breakfasts (including clam dig)
- Thousand Islands boat cruise
- Keith’s brewery tour and tasting
- Winery tour and tasting
- Walking tour of Montréal
- Driver and guide services
Our adventure begins early with a friendly welcome from your Moose guide before we journey toward Montréal. Our first stop is at the Big Apple; be sure to try their famous apple pie! Next is a lunch stop before a cruise through the Thousand Islands, located in the Saint Lawrence River along the Canada-USA border. Enjoy Ontario’s unique landscape, where over 1800 islands form this incredible archipelago. Tonight we explore the vibrant nightlife of Montréal, just steps away from the hostel. (Thousand Islands boat cruise included).
This morning we explore Montréal, City of Festivals, and an important cultural mecca in French-speaking Canada. Afterward, enjoy free time to explore on your own. We recommend the hike to the top of Mont Royal for spectacular views of the Island of Montréal, as well as some authentically Montréal cuisine (try Schwartz’s Deli for Montréal smoked meat!). Don’t forget your translator to assist with your language skills. (Breakfast included).
Our journey eastward continues to our overnight destination, Rivière-du-Loup (French for ‘wolf river’). Our travels take us along spectacular vistas through small Francophone settlements that were founded by Basques fishermen from France over 350 years ago. The Saint Lawrence River changes from fresh to salt water in this area so watch for marine animals. Enjoy a group dinner at hostel tonight. Be sure to take a short walk to Parc des Chute this evening to see its impressive waterfall. (Breakfast and dinner included).
Today we journey to the Maritimes; first stop, New Brunswick—the only officially bilingual province in Canada so you can still practice your French language skills! New Brunswick has a rich French-speaking culture retained by the Acadians—a cultural group with a very distinct history. Today we see the world’s longest covered bridge before checking into our hostel in Moncton. (Breakfast included).
This morning we start towards the world famous Bay of Fundy, travelling through the Annapolis Valley. Tonight is spent in Digby, Nova Scotia, a quintessential maritime fishing town. Tonight’s dinner is a group meal featuring the famous Digby scallops! (Breakfast and dinner included).
Today is spent exploring this beautiful region, including a clam dig on the beach led by locals. This activity is easily a tour favourite! Be sure to visit the Digby Neck, a peninsula in the Bay of Fundy with lava flow origins. Finish the day with a leisure night at the hostel. (Clam dig and meal included).
Time to journey to Nova Scotia’s capital city, Halifax! En route, a quintessentially Canadian stop at Peggy’s Cove provides iconic Maritime landscape. A stop in Lunenburg is also scheduled, a beautiful port town whose origins are rooted in the British attempt to settle Protestants in Nova Scotia while displacing Indigenous peoples and Acadian Catholics. We finish the day in Halifax; enjoy a night out in this vibrant city!
Plenty of activities are included on our Clammer tour with plenty of extras to choose from! Although we recommend trying everything here, you are always free to join the group, explore by yourself or just take some time to relax and get away from it all!
You are also likely to come across other exciting opportunities that aren’t listed here whilst on your tour!
|Fortress of Louisbourg tour||$18||Nova Scotia|
|Wildlife Spotting||Free||Various locations|
Moose pre-books your accommodation so you don’t have to worry about anything other than having a great time!
We reserve a single bed per passenger in shared hostel dorm rooms. If you prefer to stay in a private room or an alternative location this must be booked independently – Please reserve a basic tour as accommodation costs cannot be transferred from an inclusive tour.
Accommodation costs are included in the price of our inclusive tour. If you have reserved a basic tour then payment is due directly to the hostels upon check-in.
|Day 3||Rivière-du-Loup||HI – Rivière-du-Loup|
|Day 4||Moncton||C’mon Inn Moncton|
|Day 5||Digby||Digby Backpackers|
|Day 6||Digby||Digby Backpackers|
|Day 7||Halifax||HI- Halifax|
|Day 8||Halifax||HI – Halifax|
*Please note that people departing from Montréal will join the group on the 3rd day of the itinerary.
|Pick Up Location||Pick Up Time|
|HI – Toronto||76 Church Street, Toronto (map)||7:30am|
|Planet Traveler||357 College Street, Toronto (map)||7:50am|
|Moose Office||192 Spadina Ave, #213, Toronto (map)||8:00am|
|Samesun||1586 Rue Saint Hubert, Montréal (map)||9:00am|
- Bring suitable clothing for the tour and comfortable shoes for hiking. The weather in Canada is predictable, but may be cooler at night. It’s always wise to prepare just in case of rain. Find out what else to bring on our FAQ page or contact us directly with any questions!
- If possible bring a credit card with you whilst travelling.
- Don’t forget your camera! We guarantee you’ll want to take photos of wild animals, incredible scenery and new friends!
- Book your pre-departure accommodation in advance. Toronto hostels are incredibly busy through June – September so if you are travelling then, plan ahead! Moose tours pick up at the 3 major hostels in Toronto.
- Join us on Facebook and Instagram! Give a shout out to any of your fellow travellers and browse through pics of past tours and travel groups!
- If you have any other questions please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page or contact our office!