After breakfast we’re heading back to your hostel in Montréal. The rest of the day is at your disposal! (Breakfast included).
You’re in Montréal, stuffed to the brim with poutine and thinking, “I should really do something in Québec other than eat all of this fantastic food!”. Well, Canada has absolutely incredible whale watching opportunities and we are confident that the tiny village of Tadoussac, with its spectacular fjords, is one of the most beautiful whale watching sites in the world!
Our 3-day tour will take you from Montréal to the gorgeous, character-filled streets of historic Québec City. Take in the culture, the sounds, the architecture, and the cuisine of this spectacular city. The tour visits Montmorency Falls and embarks on a day-trip to Tadoussac for an incredible whale watching excursion!
- Experience historic Québec City
- Visit Montmorency Falls – 1.5 times higher than Niagara Falls!
- Take a whale watching excursion in Tadoussac
- Check out awe inspiring fjords in Taddousac
- 2 nights accommodation in shared dormitory
- 1 dinner/ 2 breakfasts
- Whale watching excursion in Tadoussac
- Return transportation from Montréal
- Driver and guide services
This is an inclusive tour – All accommodation is pre-booked by Moose Travel and there are no further fees due.
|Friday 04th October 2019||$499||Book Now|
Our adventure begins with a friendly welcome from your guide and fellow travellers. This morning we visit Montmorency Falls, an impressive waterfall higher than Niagara Falls, before arriving in Québec City. The city is renowned for its historic defence walls, known as the Ramparts of Québec City. Be sure to climb this National Historic Site of Canada to enjoy spectacular city views and an unforgettable sunset. Tonight, enjoy a group dinner at the hostel and leisure time. (Dinner included).
Up bright and early for a day trip to Tadoussac alongside the spectacular Saint Lawrence River. We arrive at the small Francophone village of Tadoussac, one of Canada’s oldest permanently settled communities (initially founded by French-Europeans). Embark on a whale watching excursion, an experience renowned in North America for its diverse marine life. A mixing of freshwater from the Saint Lawrence River and saltwater from the Atlantic Ocean creates incredible biological diversity. Tonight, enjoy some poutine (Snack Bar is certainly recommended) to get a taste of local flavour; bon appétit! (Breakfast included).
All activities are included on our Whaler tour and although we recommend trying everything, you are free to join the group, explore by yourself or just take some time to relax and get away from it all!
|Guided walking tour – Québec City||Included||Québec City|
|Climb to the top of Montmorency Falls||Included||Montmorency, Québec|
|Whale watching cruise||Included||Tadoussac, Québec|
Moose pre-books your accommodation and all costs are included in the price of the tour so you don’t have to worry about anything other than having a great time!
Moose reserves a single bed per passenger in shared hostel dorm rooms. If you prefer to stay in a private room or an alternative location this must be booked independently.
|Day 1||Québec City||HI – Québec City|
|Day 2||Québec City||HI – Québec City|
|Day 3||Montréal||*Bed not reserved|
- Bring suitable clothing for the tour and comfortable shoes for walking. The weather in Canada is predictable but may be cooler at night. It’s always wise to prepare, just in case of rain. Find out what else to bring on our FAQ page or contact us directly with any questions!
- If possible bring a credit card with you whilst travelling.
- Don’t forget your camera! We guarantee you’ll want to take photos of whales, incredible scenery and new friends!
- Book your pre-departure accommodation in advance. Montréal hostels are incredibly busy in their high season, June – September so if you are travelling then, plan ahead! Moose tours pick up hostelling International – Montréal.
- Join us on Facebook and Instagram! Give a shout out to any of your fellow travellers and browse through pics of past tours and travel groups!
- If you have any other questions please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page or contact our office!